Hampton Court Palace weddings transcend the ordinary. The fascinating history of its original Tudor court will mesmerise everyone who attends, and provide a breathtaking backdrop for you wedding day photographs.
Step back through the ages to the flamboyant world of Henry VIII and his Tudor court. Amongst its sprawling grounds, there are a variety of exquisitely designed event spaces, the largest of which is The Great Hall. This jaw dropping banqueting room accommodates up to 220 seated guests and 400 for a standing reception. Open after 6.30 pm, it makes a dazzling space to host a candlelit evening ceremony or feast, surrounded by the 500 year old tapestries that were originally commissioned by Henry VIII himself.
An alternative space that is popular for summer weddings is the Garden Room. This refreshing 1920s style conservatory can accommodate up to 180 seated guests, and its unique pergola outside is also licensed for ceremonies. This particular site at Hampton Court is exclusively catered by award winning CH&CO. They know the venue extensively inside and out, and will create a flawless menu that ticks all the right boxes.
The most intimate space is the ornate Little Banqueting House. This noble spot on the periphery of the palace gardens overlooks the majestic River Thames and comes complete with its own sunken garden for pre-dinner drinks receptions. The spectacular 18th century paintings encase the suite and provide a remarkable setting for your ceremony or reception. The house is available to hire all day and hire starts from 5000 GBP plus VAT. Hampton Court Palace is a very versatile venue, as you can combine different spaces throughout the course of the day. From large and lavish to intimate and refined, it suits a range of scales and budgets.
- Prices range from 3000 GBP plus VAT in the Garden Room to 11,500 GBP plus VAT in the Palace.
- Hampton Court work on an approved supplier list, which includes some of the best caterers, florists, entertainers and production specialists in the industry.
- The Orangery and Privy Garden is an exceptionally preserved conservatory space and baroque garden. It can be hired from 6.30 pm.
- The Undercroft is a desirable space for dancing, live music and DJ sets for up to 220 people. These atmospheric vaults can be lit with colourful LED to maximise the visual effects of this premium underground space.
- The Garden Room is a more recent addition to the venues at Hampton Court. Its light and airy interior can seat up to 180 guests, and its private garden is also licensed for outdoor ceremonies.
- The Little Banqueting House has a smaller capacity, but the interiors are even more opulent. The bride and groom can arrive in style by boat along the Thames, and enjoy an alfresco drinks reception in the private sunken garden before proceeding inside for a ceremony or dinner.
- The Great Hall and State Rooms are noble spaces for an evening reception after 6.30 pm. These rooms feature mind-blowing heritage details including 500 year old tapestries and majestic armour on the walls.
- The passionate events team will help guide you through the spaces, show you what’s possible and recommend some expert suppliers.
I cannot recommend the venue highly enough. Coming through the gates as we arrived Friday evening, the lit candles in lanterns guiding our path into the palace really set the tone for what was to be a magical evening in such special surroundings. The hospitality, service and food were impeccable, and we had such a magical evening. Drinks were served in the Cartoon Gallery, dinner in the stunning Great Hall and post-dinner drinks in the Undercroft. We can't wait to return!
Get the best deals for your wedding with Easy Weddings only discounts and special offers.
Easy Weddings' suppliers have received 5,000+ independent reviews from brides and grooms.
Your time is important. Get the information you need quickly. No fuss. No stress.