The Kimpton Fitzroy London stands majestically in the heart of Russell Square, rising above the classical London thoroughfare and the leafy park across the road. It’s a striking landmark building constructed out of terracotta stone, and the beautiful façade can quite literally stop you in your tracks. The Kimpton Fitzroy London Wedding Venue never fails to impress, and the Easy Weddings team couldn’t wait to step inside again after its period of closure during the COVID-19 lockdown.
It was a rainy Friday afternoon when we arrived for a night’s stay at the Kimpton Fitzroy London in Holborn. A charming, smartly dressed doorman greeted us at the entrance, assisted us with our bags and directed us through to the impressive reception area. Encased in marble, sleek wooden panels and illuminated by vintage crystal chandeliers, from the moment you arrive at the hotel, the warm ambience and friendly staff set a high standard of luxury hospitality.
The Director of Sales, Corin Stavarache, welcomed us into Palm Court, where we topped up on hand sanitiser and proceeded to wear masks until we reached our dedicated table. The Kimpton Fitzroy London has continued to prioritise the safety of guests by introducing the ‘IHG Clean Promise’ in partnership with world leaders in hygiene and cleaning technologies. Our team felt very reassured by their commitment to COVID-19 guidelines in all hotel areas.View The Kimpton Fitzroy's Website
Palm Court has to be one of our favourite aspects of the Kimpton Fitzroy London. It’s an effortlessly glamorous bar and dining area in the centre of the hotel. Decorated with plush lounge sofas, potted olive trees and soft lighting through a glazed glass ceiling, the large conservatory-style room has a relaxed yet luxurious atmosphere.
Free-standing wooden folding screens separate Palm Court into various cosy enclaves, and two open-air courtyards bookend the room. We sank into stylish rattan chairs around a circular table, sipped champagne and were treated to delicious canapes, including arancini balls, zucchini fries, succulent olives and calamari. It’s a divine space where you’d want to hang out all day, for brunch, afternoon tea or evening drinks with your best friends in tow.
The Kimpton Fitzroy London Menus:Palm Court at the Kimpton Fitzroy London
The Hotel Bedrooms
Upstairs, the Kimpton Fitzroy London’s reputation as a 5-star grande dame hotel continues seamlessly. Our lavish en suite bedrooms featured two double beds with ultra-soft linens, sumptuous beige upholstery and blackout curtains, as well as retro red telephones and sophisticated wall prints. They had everything you could need for a soundless sleep.
The bathrooms were equally as dashing, with neutral mosaic floors, immaculately clean facilities and trendy industrial shower doors. At every turn, the interior design showcases a timeless mix of heritage and contemporary decor, which will maintain Kimpton Fitzroy London’s status as one of the most sought-after hotel stays in the capital.
- The Kimpton Fitzroy London has 334 guest rooms in total
- They feature custom beds with 300-thread-count linens
- Smart TV, Nespresso coffee maker and mini-fridge are included
- Accessible rooms are available with wide paths and roll-in showers
- 24/7 fitness centre equipped with TechnoGym cardio machines and weights
- Pet-friendly hotel with no charges or limit to the number of pets allowed
- Complimentary WiFi and check out at noon (4 pm for suites)
- 24/7 room service and concierge
Get in touch with Easy Weddings to book your Kimpton Fitzroy London accommodation at special rates.
Nearby Restaurants and Activities
The Kimpton Fitzroy London’s convenient location means that it’s close to plenty of culinary and cultural treasures in central London. Not only is Russell Square tube station just around the corner, but you are also within walking distance to lots of restaurants and visitor attractions.
- Neptune. A delicious seafood restaurant at the Kimpton Fitzroy London with an oyster bar, modern British menu and photogenic pastel peach interiors.
- Fitz’s Bar. A flamboyant bolthole named after the architect who built the Kimpton Fitzroy London. It’s famed for its cocktail list and moreish bar snack menu.
- Nostimo. An authentic Greek eatery in the Brunswick Centre serving generous gyros, Mediterranean-inspired delicacies and tasty mixed grill platters.
- Antalya Restaurant. Dine beneath colourful frescoes at this delightful Turkish outpost. You can order authentic kebabs, tasty mezes, traditional teas and more.
- Noble Rot Lamb’s Conduit. Take a trip to Paris through the doors of this atmospheric establishment, where hand-selected wines are paired with the seasonal menu.
- Ciao Bella. A taste of Italy in the middle of Bloomsbury. The passionate Italian staff will provide you with generous portions packed full of native flavours.
Top Local Attractions
- Bloomsbury Square. A pleasant slice of green in central London, where you’ll find plenty of park benches, seasonal trees and manicured lawns for daytime picnics.
- The British Museum. A fascinating display of global culture. Discover two million years of history, including ancient artefacts like the Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies.
- The Foundling Museum. A thought-provoking 18th-century museum that uncovers the history of the Foundling Hospital, the UK’s first children’s charity and public art gallery.
- Lyceum Theatre. A historic theatre showing Disney’s spectacular ‘Lion King’. It’s an immersive reimagination of the original film, and one of London’s best stage productions.
- National Gallery. As one of London’s best free tourist attractions, The National Gallery houses an extraordinary collection of paintings from the 13th to the 19th centuries.
- Charles Dickens Museum. One of Bloomsbury’s most famous former residents lives on in his original townhouse. Explore over 100,000 items of his items and literary works.
What the Easy Weddings team say:
‘We couldn’t have asked for a better stay at The Kimpton Fitzroy London at Russell Square. It truly lives up to its luxurious standards, and nothing was too much trouble. Given the current climate, the hotel was great in observing all the guidelines, and we felt very safe and secure’. – Kelly
‘The Kimpton Fitzroy London hotel is very big and luxurious yet cosy and warm. The rooms are modern and spacious. The Palm Court, where we had drinks in the evening and breakfast in the morning, is beautiful!’ – Veronica