Weddings are filled with rituals and traditions and the wedding reception is no different. This wedding reception running order will help you plan the rituals and traditions involved with a wedding reception.
The wedding reception running order:
- The wedding guests are presented with canapes and drinks, usually champagne or a signature cocktail, as they get together at the reception.
- As the bride, groom and bridal party make their way to the reception they are presented with canapes and drinks separately while the guests are getting seated.
- The bridal party makes their way to the reception and are either announced to the guests or a receiving line takes place.
- The whole wedding party enters the dining area and the bride and groom should be the last ones to sit down at the top table. Seating positions (left to right): Ushers, Best man, Groom, Bride, Maid of honour, Bridesmaids
- Entree and main courses are served.
- The speeches take place. These usually include the groom, the best man, and the bride’s father.
- Dessert is served.
- Evening guests arrive.
- The wedding dance is performed by the bride and groom.
- Followed by the parents and bridal party joining the bride and groom on the dance floor.
- All other guests are able to join the dancing.
- The bride and the groom cut the cake and the cake is served to guests.
- The father and daughter and mother and son dances occur.
- Bridal bouquet is thrown
- The bride and groom get dresses in their traveling clothes (optional).
- The bride and groom return to the reception and say their finale goodbyes.
Use Easy Weddings to connect with your dream wedding suppliers.
Browse the directory and start planning today!