The Natural History Museum is an international leader in the study of the natural world and has played host to some of London’s most spectacular weddings for more than 25 years. This world-famous museum offers exclusive hire of its magnificent spaces for weddings and is now fully licensed for ceremonies, meaning you can legally marry surrounded by fascinating fossils and ornate architecture.
If you’re on the hunt for a truly one of a kind wedding venue in London that’s guaranteed to blow your guests away, the Natural History Museum is the place. The museum’s striking architecture and world-class exhibits form a dramatic backdrop for luxury weddings in London’s South Kensington. Venue options include the spectacular Hintze Hall, the celestial Earth Hall, the impressive Fossil Way, and an array of smaller galleries for intimate weddings.
No matter which unique event space you choose, you can expect an unforgettable experience for your wedding reception at the Natural History Museum London. Enjoy a mouthwatering meal from one of the museum’s world-class accredited caterers before dancing the night away with your loved ones as a talented live band or DJ blasts the killer tunes.
The Natural History Museum offers a number of stunning spaces for your London wedding:
- Hintze Hall: Hintze Hall is the largest venue at the Natural History Museum, hosting up to 450 guests for dinner and dancing. Features of this breathtaking venue include a magnificent stone staircase, soaring Romanesque arches, and a spectacular blue whale skeleton suspended from the ceiling.
- Earth Hall: This jaw-dropping, celestial space is home to the world’s most complete Stegosaurus fossil and a giant suspended globe structure. Earth Hall can accommodate up to 200 guests for dinner and dancing and is sure to impress with its ethereal ambience.
- Fossil Way: Hired in conjunction with Hintze Hall, Fossil Way is perfect for hosting romantic wedding ceremonies and pre-dinner drinks. This stunning space has the capacity for seated ceremonies of 170 guests and boasts beautiful Romanesque arches and terracotta stonework.
- Darwin Centre and Courtyard: With its soaring glass atrium surrounding the breathtaking Cocoon Gallery, the Darwin Centre is a striking contemporary space and the Museum’s newest wing. Seating up to 150 guests, you can say ‘I do’ with a twilight ceremony before celebrating with drinks in the adjoining landscaped courtyard.
Highlights of The Natural History Museum London weddings:
- Host a spectacular event surrounded by world-class exhibits and Victorian architecture
- Choose from an array of magnificent event spaces, ranging from intimate to grand
- Dedicated venue hire team with a wealth of planning experience
- Create your dream event with an approved list of exceptional suppliers and caterers
- Twelve unique spaces licensed for civil ceremonies
Is the Natural History Museum licensed for ceremonies?
Yes, the museum is licensed for Civil Marriages and Civil Partnerships and is delighted to host wedding ceremonies in twelve of their unique event spaces.
What does a wedding at the Natural History Museum London cost?
Weddings at the Natural History Museum start at £9,000.