Hampton Court Palace weddings transcend the ordinary. Once the museum gates close for the evening, this phenomenal palace in Richmond opens up to a world of private event possibilities. Surrounded by the fascinating history of an original Tudor Court and the iconic River Thames, imagine inviting your guests to celebrate your wedding in a royal residence that's recognised the world over.
Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- Located a 10 minute walk away from Hampton Court Railway Station
- The Orangery and Privy Garden can be hired from 6.30 pm, with a capacity for 250 guests
- The Garden Room is a light and airy conservatory space that can seat up to 180 guests, and its outdoor pergola is also licensed for ceremonies
- The Little Banqueting House and adjacent sunken garden has a smaller capacity of 50 guests, but the interiors are even more opulent.
- The Great Hall and State Rooms are noble spaces for an evening reception after 6.30pm, for up to 220 seated guests
- The Undercroft is an atmospheric space for dancing, live music and DJ sets for up to 220 people
- The passionate events team will help guide you through your wedding planning journey
- Prices range from 3000 GBP plus VAT in the Garden Room to 11,500 GBP plus VAT in the Palace
Step back through the ages to the majestic Kingdom of Henry VIII and his Tudor Court. Amongst its sprawling landscaped grounds, there are a variety of versatile event spaces, the largest of which is The Great Hall. This jaw dropping banqueting room in the heart of the palace accommodates up to 220 seated guests and 400 for a standing reception. Open after 6.30 pm, it makes an unforgettable venue to host a candlelit evening ceremony or a Tudor style feast, surrounded by the 500 year old tapestries that were commissioned by Henry VIII himself.
An alternative outdoor space that is popular for summer weddings is the Garden Room. This white 1920s style conservatory can accommodate up to 180 seated guests, and its unique garden pergola is also licensed for wedding ceremonies. This particular private site at Hampton Court Palace is exclusively catered by award winning CH&CO. They are able to cater a traditional seated dinner, or provide bowl food and canapes to your guests as the flow in and out of the elegant French doors to enjoy the summer sunshine.
The most intimate space for Hampton Court Palace weddings is the Little Banqueting House for up to 50 guests. This charming spot on the periphery of the palace gardens overlooks the majestic River Thames and comes complete with its own sunken garden for pre-dinner drinks receptions. There is even the option for the the bride and groom to arrive via boat to the venue, to make a showstopping arrival before the ceremony. Inside the Little Banqueting House, spectacular 18th century paintings encase the suite and provide a romantic setting to say your vows.
The Orangery and Privy Gardens is another popular outdoor space at the rear of Hampton Court Palace. Its striking monochrome checker tiles and large windows are the perfect setting to enjoy chilled champagne whilst admiring the immaculate garden views. You can also arrange an alfresco meal amongst the beautiful flower beds and garden paths in the Privy Gardens as the sunset gilds the palace with a golden glow.