Situated in the City of London, a stone’s throw from Smithfield Market and Barbican tube station, Butchers’ Hall is the heart of the new Barts Square Development. Its central location makes it a very accessible wedding venue option for guests travelling from all corners of the capital and beyond. The church of St Bartholomew the Great is also located next door, which is a popular setting for religious ceremonies before venue receptions held at Butchers’ Hall.
After a large refurbishment project, the classical Livery Hall for the Worshipful Company of Butchers reopened in 2019 as a thriving events venue with an impressive roof garden overlooking the City of London. It’s a remarkable setting to welcome your guests and celebrate your next married chapter. Inside the venue, tech enhancements ensure that your wedding reception includes excellent AV and lighting, as well as superfast fibre-optic broadband.
Butchers’ Hall has exclusively partnered with the critically acclaimed Bovingdons catering team, who’ll add flavour and flair to every event. From beginning to end, the dedicated staff will ensure that you and your wedding guests are well looked after with delicious canapés, colourful cocktails and a memorable 3-course menu prepared by a Michelin trained chef.
Top three things you’ll love about your Butchers’ Hall wedding:
- The Location. Barbican, Farringdon, St Paul’s and City Thameslink are conveniently located within walking distance of the venue, as well as some great London attractions.
- Event Management. The events team at Butchers’ Hall take pride in their one-to-one approach, to ensure that every wedding is unique as the couple and their style.
- Leading Catering Partner. Bovingdon’s Catering will create an exquisite spread for your wedding reception meal. From roaming bowl food to banquets, they can provide it all.
Choose from a variety of event spaces at Butchers’ Hall:
- Great Hall. A beautiful, grand event space that basks in natural light. It’s decorated with stately panelled walls and London’s largest tapestry (160 Dining, 180 Reception)
- Court Rooms. The new retractable walls allow you to partition the rooms or keep them open-plan. The marble fireplace is a wonderful centrepiece. (100 Ceremony, 80 Dining)
- The Ground Floor. This multi-purpose facility allows your creativity to come to the fore. For example, couples have used it as a bar or meet and greet area (150 Reception)
- Mezzanine floor. An intimate and discreet dining space with views over the Great Hall. It’s perfect for pre-wedding makeup touch-ups or as extra storage space (14 Dining)
- Roof Garden. The newly renovated roof garden will take your wedding reception to new heights. Serve chilled cocktails at sunset overlooking Bart’s Square (80 Dining)
What the Butchers’ Hall wedding spaces are like:
- Licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in the Court Rooms and the Great Hall
- Event hire is from 7am to 2am
- Dinner reception capacity from 14 to 160 seated
- Drinks reception capacity up to 180 standing
- Experienced wedding coordinator who can bring your vision to life
- The building is wheelchair accessible
- A dance floor is available to hire
- Wifi, projector, Flatscreen TV, AV
How much is a wedding at Butchers’ Hall?
Butchers’ Hall venue hire is £2500 + VAT for use of all the event spaces. The wedding packages are £100 per person + VAT, which include 6 canapés per guest, a 3-course meal, the superior drinks package, a cash or account bar after the meal, event management and essential staffing, tables, chairs, crockery, cutlery and glassware.
Is Butchers Hall’ a good place for a wedding?
Yes. Situated in the beating heart of the city, Butchers’ Hall is a period building that’s been refurbished with superb contemporary amenities. Couples are drawn to Butchers’ Hall for its charming setting, flexible event spaces, highly rated catering and convenient location near to a variety of central rail and tube line links.