The Grade II listed manor house wedding venue was built in 1735 by one of its 2,500 HAC members, who has collected the beautiful ornaments on display that trace the history of the regiment. Throughout the building, there are six stately rooms available to hire, each with its unique charm. From the high ceilings and steams of natural daylight, there are so many beautiful architectural aspects that capture the attention of wedding couples from near and far.
Inside the Georgian mansion, the Long Room is arguably the most impressive event space to enjoy your celebrations, with spectacular outlooks over the Artillery Garden grounds. Its wood-panelled walls are decorated with life-size portraits and the red and gold detailing complement the historic feel. State of the art AV facilities has also been subtly installed to enhance the whole event experience.
HAC London has partnered with Searcys to create delicious seasonal in-house menus for you and your guests. From intricate canapés and bowl food to three-course banquet dinners, they always source fresh, local ingredients from ethical suppliers where possible. The team will liaise with every couple to ensure all dietary requirements are met and that their wedding breakfast is everything they hoped for and more.
Top three things you’ll love about your HAC London wedding:
- The Location. Location is essential when guests are travelling from afar. Luckily, HAC London is within easy access to public transport and a car park. The nearest stations are Moorgate or Old Street, and the NCP Finsbury Square is a 3-4 minute walk away.
- Experienced Events Team. HAC London has held countless successful events and the enthusiastic team will be able to handle any of your queries. From the first venue visit to the final farewells, the team will ensure your wedding planning experience is a highlight.
- Memorable Cuisine. HAC London has partnered with one of London’s most established catering companies, Searcys, who will provide high-quality cuisine with flavour and flair.
Choose from a variety of event spaces at HAC London:
- The Long Room. The grandest wedding event space with over 13 ft high ceilings, wood panelling and huge windows overlooking the Artillery Garden (150 Ceremony, 160 Dining, 250 Reception)
- Medal Room. A unique venue at the top of the staircase with huge windows and an impressive medal collection that always sparks conversation (30 Dining, 40 Reception)
- Court Room. A more intimate wedding space with large windows, 13 ft high ceilings and a rich colour palette. It’s a historic space with murals and military memorabilia woven with modern features. (30 Seated, 40 Reception)
- Queen’s Room. Located on the ground floor, adjacent to the Ante Room, the eye-catching blue and yellow colour scheme create a vibrant atmosphere. (45 Ceremony, 48 Dining, 60 Reception).
- Ante Room. This ground floor space is next to the Queens Room, which is neutral in palette and naturally lit, with high ceilings and historical touches. (45 Ceremony, 48 Dining, 60 Reception)
- Boardroom and Library. Two charming small rooms with period features that are ideal as break out areas to enjoy before and after the wedding, with beautiful outlooks over the gardens (12 Seated)
- The Prince Consort Rooms. This event suite is the largest celebration space in the venue, with a versatile open-plan layout and a beautiful entrance via an ornate courtyard. The colour changing up-lights are perfect for the dance floor (400 Ceremony, 350 Dinner, 700 Reception)
What the HAC London wedding spaces are like:
- Licensed for civil wedding ceremonies in 4 rooms
- Dinner reception capacity from 30 to 350 seated
- Drinks reception capacity up to 700 standing
- Experienced wedding coordinator
- The building is wheelchair accessible
- Plenty of natural light
- PA system and high-quality AV
- Nearby car park
Is HAC London a good place for a wedding?
Yes. This beautiful, historic venue has the best of the past and present. With a nod to its military history and modern features interwoven throughout, it’s the perfect balance for traditional English weddings. ‘Everything ran very smoothly, and the whole team were very helpful. Glasses were always full, the food was excellent and the surroundings gorgeous. I just wish we could do the whole thing over again!’ Nicky.