Nestled amid picturesque maze gardens and sprawling manicured grounds, Hatfield House is a spectacular 17th-century country house wedding venue in Hertfordshire, just under an hour’s drive from Central London. Hatfield House Hospitality’s dedicated team will ensure your wedding experience at this historic Hertfordshire venue is personalised, unforgettable, and entirely stress-free.
Hatfield House is a historical and romantic wedding venue set within Hertfordshire's Great Park. Elegant country weddings take place here amidst sprawling grounds and enchanting hedge maze gardens. The venue offers indoor and outdoor ceremony options, two charming reception options, and countless gorgeous photography locations.
New to 2024: Looking to host the ultimate festival or boho-style wedding reception? Whatever the theme or occasion, Hatfield House's exciting new ground event package is the perfect fit. Exclusively positioned in Georges Field, acres of sprawling land are yours to explore and entertain. The venue has trusted suppliers who can help your event come to life with décor, live bands, fairground rides, inflatables and much more.
Hatfield House Hospitality offers two unique wedding venues for a truly memorable occasion:
- The magnificent Tudor Old Palace, built in 1485, was the childhood home of Elizabeth I and where she held her first Council of State. It is one of the foremost examples of mediaeval brickwork in the country, and with its original wood beams, your guests will be surrounded by history. The Old Palace can accommodate large weddings from 80 – 250 guests on long or round banqueting tables and space for a DJ and dancefloor. A large bar is attached to the room, meaning guests won't have to wander far for drinks and is the perfect space to add additional entertainment, such as
- The Riding School blends historic features with modern architecture to offer a contemporary alternative. Located in the Stable Yard, its origin was to accommodate the horses and family's motor cars. In 2010 the Riding School was transformed into what it is today. Its glass roof allows the room to be flooded with natural daylight, and the mezzanine level adds versatile characteristics to this venue. This is a fitting venue for smaller weddings of 40 – 110 guests. The Riding School can also be hired out in conjunction with the Old Palace.
Top 3 things you'll love about your Hatfield House Hospitality wedding:
- The historic wedding spaces. This 17th-century country house wedding venue is steeped in tradition and rich history, offering an enchanting setting for your Hertfordshire wedding. The magnificent Old Palace is a popular choice for wedding ceremonies and receptions, with its breathtaking domed ceilings and intricately detailed floor-to-ceiling tapestries.
- The endless photo opportunities. Nestled amid magical maze gardens and lush greenery, Hatfield House is a wedding photographer's dream. This picture-perfect venue offers endless possibilities for your wedding photo shoot, with stunning scenery and historic backdrops galore.
- The exceptional service. Hatfield House's dedicated hospitality team will go above and beyond to deliver a personalised, unforgettable wedding experience tailored to your vision and budget. These experienced professionals have planned hundreds of incredible events and will be there every step of the way to make wedding planning a breeze.
What Hatfield House Hospitality weddings are like:
- Stunning 17th-century country house in Hertfordshire
- A rich and romantic sense of history
- Elegant ceremony and reception spaces
- Sprawling maze gardens for your wedding photos
- Bespoke catering packages and option for dry hire
- Ample on-site parking for 300 guests
What does a wedding at Hatfield House Hospitality cost?
Hatfield House's bespoke wedding packages start from £122 plus VAT per person. The venue hire fee starts from £2,250 plus VAT.
What's the capacity for events and weddings at Hatfield House?
- Old Palace: 250 long banquet tables, 220 long banquet tables with dancefloor, 200 round banquet tables, 180 round banquet tables with dancefloor, 300 cocktail reception
- Riding School: 120 round banquet tables, 80 round banquet tables with dancefloor, 200 cocktail reception