Wedding colour decided, dusty pink!

This is the image that made me decide on my colour!

I’m so excited. There are 435 days to go until my wedding day!

And I finally decided on a colour for the wedding. It’s going to be dusty pink for the bridesmaids and grey for the men’s suits.

It took me a while to decide on this colour as I was originally thinking a soft yellow would be nice. But then I liked navy blue and then I thought about a plum-purple, but last night Matt and I have decided on a gorgeous dusty pink.

It’s going to be a summer wedding, so I think the colour needs to be light and dusty pink is the way we’re going to go.

This is the photo that made us consider dusty pink. I saw it as a wedding dress and thought it would be a really pretty colour for the bridesmaid dresses.

Now that I have the colour, everything is flowing…

It wasn’t until I went to shopping last night for fabrics for the bridesmaids dresses that I realised how hard this colour will be to find, let alone matching it up with everything.

I couldn’t find any fabrics that matched what I have in my head or with this colour.

These are my dusty pink swatches

Look at all the swatches I found.

I am possibly going to buy the bridesmaid dresses online as my friend bought her wedding dress online recently and was really happy with the result!

I figured I could buy mine and the bridesmaid dresses online.

I really want Matt’s Nan to make the dresses as she does such a fantastic job and has been sewing for decades! She’s the one who made my beautiful engagement dress.

However, it may be a bit much doing all four bridesmaids dresses plus one flower girl gown.

Our little flower girl, Skylar, was born just last week. She’s the daughter of Matt’s best man, Dave, and I want her dress to match the bridesmaids.

But as she will be growing so much over the next 435 days, I won’t be able to fit her until, probably, a month before the wedding.

So, to order online and for any issues with the sizing or fabric will be really last minute.

I might start looking online for fabric but my biggest concern is if it will be the same in person as on a computer screen as this is what is putting me off buying dresses online.

If anyone knows of any good fabric places, please let me know below. :) I will keep searching and let you know how I go.

Top image from: www.axioo.com

Related Articles

Comments 7 comments

7 responses to “Wedding colour decided, dusty pink!”

1. Annie H says:

Hi,
    Thats such a lovely colour, i’ve also choosen it and had to get a lady to make my dresses, has been a complete utter nightmare to find that colour and made me rethink so many times my colour scheme! So pleased i stuck it out though, have paid a little more than i wanted to but once i got engaged i knew i wanted it to be vintage and elegant looking with the dusty pink bridsmaids and flower girls then the boys in grey morning suits.
    just had to pay more money unfortunately :(

• Emily says:

Thanks – I am having a fair bit of trouble with the colour actually. I will order some swatches online I think. I am pretty certain on the colour so will be sticking it out :)

2. lollie1186 says:

I have the same colours… (pink & grey = DIVINE!) My bmaids dresses are Honey & Beau orbit maxi – they colour is called soft peach but they are this beautiful soft pink… the top is fitted nicely and boned while the skirt is beautifully loose and flowing… i found these for $145 online :)

• Emily says:

Oh – I googled your dresses and they look amazing! I have an idea of what I want for the dresses, but I want to find the fabric first, I am so set on the colour I will find that first – thanks though, beautiful inspriation!

3. kj1310 says:

A lot of online dress companies that you can get the ‘made to measure’ dresses through will send you out samples of the fabric if you check with them. I highly recommend Wedding Dress Express an Australian company based in QLD. When they didn’t have the fabric in their normal colour range I sent them a paint swatch reference of the colour I was after and they found similar ones from their fabric supplies and sent them through to me. Their workmanship was fantastic! I got my BM’s dresses through them and I would highly reccommend them

• Emily says:

I looked this company up, if they do make to measure then I will check them out further. Thats a really good idea, I will see if I can find a paint swatch to match what colour I want and start sending them around. Thanks heaps for the idea :)

• kj1310 says:

Hi Emily,
        They definitely make to measure I had my bridesmaid dresses made through them and they turned out PERFECTLY! I’m really happy with them (they need a few minor alterations with the length becuase we didn’t have the heels at the time) and Hilary sent really easy to understand and follow instructions for taking the measurements. The dresses I got are on my S&T http://www.easyweddings.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=38107 if you would like to have a look (pg2 or 3 I think). The only critism i’ve received from dress makers was that they were too well made!

They also make dresses from photos as well so if the BM’s dresses your after aren’t in their normal range they can make a pattern for you and change bits that you want changed as well.

Their facebook page has lots of previous weddings on it as well and ideas.

I went to bunnings and picked up the swatches (I found British Paints were really good cause they had their full range online as well) and then sent the numbers to Hilary who then could look them up.

Good luck finding the perfect dresses!