Located in a southwest London suburb that’s easy to access via the Northern tube line or by car, exclusive hire of Morden House is an ideal base for your guests travelling from all areas of the city and beyond. With the River Wandle drifting by and lush lawns rolling out from the porch, it’s a serene setting to host all aspects of your wedding day, from the ‘I Dos’ to the last dance.
Inside Morden House, there are a stunning array of event spaces, including the intimate Hawthorn Suite that looks out over the tranquil parkland, the grand Mulberry Suite with high vaulted ceilings, the pastel blue Willow Suite with bright natural light and the stylish smaller Oak and Yew Rooms that make wonderful pre-ceremony and break out areas. With the whole building to yourselves, you can use the space in any way to make your day totally unique.
To complement this spectacular London wedding venue, you and your guests can dine on a tailored menu created by the on-site catering team. Food and drink is a special part of any wedding reception, and the skilled team of chefs at Morden Hall will channel their creative flair into every dish. From fine wines and delicious three-course meals to live cooking stations and wood-fired pizzas, your wedding guests will be taken on a delightful gastronomic journey.
Top three things you’ll love about your Morden Hall wedding:
- The Location. Step out of Morden tube station and within minutes you’ll enter a secluded oasis. Morden Hall is a venue where you leave the bustle of city life behind.
- The Exclusivity. You and your guests will have the entire manor house to yourselves. It will feel like a private residence for your wedding weekend that you can make your own.
- The Outdoor Space. Morden Hall is set within 125 acres of National Trust parkland, where the River Wandle meanders through the landscape. It’s perfect for wedding photos.
Choose from a range of ceremony and reception options at Morden Hall:
- Willow. At the heart of the house, Willow is a sophisticated room with a pale blue colour scheme. It features period paintings, large windows and plenty of natural light (150 seated)
- Hawthorn. A quaint wedding event space with a grand fireplace, large sash windows and patterned wallpaper for an idyllic ceremony backdrop (70 seated)
- Oak and Yew. These charming drinks reception or creche areas provide a warm welcome for guests. Oak and Yew also offer tranquil breakout spaces for moments of calm.
- Mulberry. A large room for larger than life celebrations. The Mulberry is the ideal venue for receptions with its grand interior and vaulted ceilings (150 seated)
What Morden Hall weddings are like:
- Modern and elegant design with the latest event technology installed
- A range of capacities from intimate ceremonies to grand banquets
- Experienced Wedding Coordinator to assist with your planning journey
- 125 acres of parkland to use for al fresco drinks receptions and photos
- Capacity for up to 150 guests across the event spaces
- Delicious bespoke a la carte catering provided for all dietary requirements
- A 5-minute walk from Morden tube station and the Northern Line
- Access from 10 am and exclusive use from 12 noon - 12 midnight
- Licensed for civil ceremonies in the Willow, Mulberry and Hawthorn Suites
- Two rooms upstairs for bridal preparations with the groomsmen and bridesmaids
- 70 car parking spaces on-site
What are some of the nearby attractions to Morden Hall?
- Morden Hall Park
- Nonsuch Park
- Watermeads Nature Reserve
- New Wimbledon Theatre
- All England Lawn Tennis & Croquet Club
Is Morden Hall a good place for a wedding?
Definitely. Morden Hall has a wonderful mix of intimate and large event spaces where you can exchange your vows, toast to the newlyweds and enjoy dining and dancing until the clock strikes midnight. What’s more, you’ll have the whole house and grounds to yourself, where you can enjoy the privacy and exclusivity that will make your wedding extra special.