Showcasing a distinctive blend of 17th-century charm and contemporary style, Woolwich Works is a popular riverside location for weddings in South East London. With a wide range of unique wedding spaces and excellent features, this historic London venue is sure to impress for your special day. The venue is ideally located next to the Woolwich Arsenal Pier, meaning your wedding guests can arrive by boat for a truly unforgettable experience.
Setting foot onto the grounds of Woolwich Works, witness four hundred years of history lovingly restored, bringing the heritage of 17th-century England into the modern world. Inside you’ll find a selection of beautiful weddings spaces ranging from grand to intimate. These stunningly light-filled spaces retain their legacy with large sash windows and rustic exposed brick walls while offering state-of-the-art technology to cater to your every need.
Woolwich Works offers a number of stunning spaces for your London wedding:
- Knight Gallery. With stunning yet subtle portraits of its namesakes in the brickwork, the Knight Gallery’s intimate but bright space is perfect for shining a spotlight on your special day. With access to the courtyard, the gallery provides a beautiful setting for both your ceremony and pre-dinner drinks reception.
- Beanfeast. The impressive Beanfeast at Woolwich Works boasts exposed brick walls, a rustic timber ceiling and restored original sash windows overlooking the Thames. This airy riverside room can be styled beautifully to host your wedding ceremony or reception, with natural light flooding in through the large sash windows.
- Fireworks Factory. The versatile, open-plan Fireworks Factory is the largest wedding space at Woolwich Works. With its unique glass roof, impressive natural acoustics, and endless amounts of space, you can truly let your imagination run wild, creating the wedding reception of your dreams.
Highlights of Woolwich Works London weddings:
- Elegant mix of 17th-century charm and contemporary style
- Unique riverside location for wedding ceremonies and receptions
- Rustic details including exposed brick walls and timber ceilings
- Versatile wedding spaces catering for intimate and large celebrations
- Partnering with an array of reputable catering companies
- Option to arrive by boat at the Woolwich Arsenal Pier
What is the capacity for events and weddings at Woolwich Works London?
Below are capacities for the most popular spaces at Woolwich Works.
- The Fireworks Factory: Theatre 1200, Banqueting 720, Standing 1800
- Knight Gallery: Theatre 130, Banquet 130 on long tables, Standing 130
- Beanfeast: Theatre 170, Standing 170, Banquet Long Tables 132
How late can weddings at Woolwich Works end?
A wedding at Woolwich Works would end at 11 pm, with the possibility of a midnight extension on request.