Kelham House, Main Street Kelham, Newark, Nottinghamshire,
Mon - Sun: 7:00 am - 11:00 pm
Click to show
The hotel has always been a destination venue that has attracted visitors from all over the UK and internationally.
Dating back to 1903 and being the house it is, it’s easy to see that Kelham House has a history worth talking about. Within this section you can find out about the house and its history, leading right up to now. We care greatly for this house and hope that our work now is held in high regard and admired in years to come! Kelham House was built in 1903 by the Manners-Sutton family, who for some time also occupied the much larger, Victorian gothic style Kelham Hall also in the village. After a fire practically destroyed it the Manners-Sutton did what work they could but eventually sold Kelham Hall.
They then built Kelham House on 9 acres of a mix of informal garden, wooded area and paddock land as their family home, which then stayed as a private residence for some time. It was bought by the Society of the Sacred Mission who at the time also owned various pieces of land and farms until it was sold on to the family that would turn it into a hotel, it was then named The Redhouse Country Manor Hotel.