The Savoy has seen royals, dignitaries and A-list celebrities waltz in and out of its exclusive doors on the Strand. It’s a place where luxury hospitality is redefined and weddings are one of kind. For couples looking for a memorable location to celebrate their love, The Savoy’s team go above and beyond to make it the most special day of your lives.
Every wedding booking is individualised to meet each couple’s needs and style, all supported by the highly experienced in-house Wedding Coordinator, Bruce Russell, who has the best supplier contacts and industry knowledge. They’ll guide you through every decision and help you design the event you always dreamed of, perfecting each detail from the florals to the music so that your guests are fully entertained from the moment they arrive.
The hotel is home to a large range of wedding spaces, from intimate dining rooms to a large ballroom with a built-in stage. Whatever your guest list size, there will be room to accommodate your ceremony, cocktail hour and all-night disco. Then, after the wedding draws to a close, there are 267 beautifully appointed bedrooms for you and your guests to retire to, each with an en-suite bathroom, luxurious linens and large windows overlooking the glittering River Thames.
Top three things you’ll love about your Savoy wedding:
- The Location. The hotel has a fantastic central location, within walking distance of Temple, Embankment and Charing Cross stations. St James’s Park and Victoria Embankment Gardens also make wonderful nearby locations for outdoor photos.
- The Ballroom. For large British, Asian and Jewish celebrations, the Lancaster Ballroom and River Room are perfect places to create a wedding setting for up to 400 guests. The traditional decor and natural light are highly desirable for ceremonies and receptions.
- Accommodation. Your guests can stay in one of the divine bedrooms in The Savoy, which are immaculately designed in either Edwardian or Art Deco Style. Many of them have superb views over the River Thames and they all come with 24/7 butler service.
Choose from a range of ceremony and reception options at The Savoy:
- Lancaster Ballroom. This is the largest venue on offer at the Savoy. The open-plan, unobstructed room gives you the ultimate flexibility to bring your imagination to life. It also features a stage and a private entrance (500 ceremony, 380 dinner, 800 cocktail)
- The River Room. Adored for its unparalleled views of the River Thames and grand atmosphere, this room is destined for celebrations. It works well for a drinks reception before a banquet in the Lancaster Ballroom (100 ceremony, 120 dinner, 400 cocktail)
- Abraham Lincoln & Manhattan Rooms. A stylish conjoined space where Edwardian elegance meets Art Deco appeal. The two rooms provide a perfect event flow and they come with their own foyer and cloakrooms (250 ceremony, 120 dinner, 400 cocktail)
- Gondoliers Room. An opulent room that transports you to Venice. Inspired by archive photographs of original 1910 dining room interiors, the intimate and romantic Gondeliers event space has an air of timelessness (20 ceremony, 22 dinner, 40 cocktail)
- Princess Ida & Patience Room. A stunning space overlooking the Thames with original interiors and an intimate dining room aesthetic (50 ceremony, 30 dinner, 60 cocktail)
- Pinafore. A distinguished room with a long history dating back to 1926. The event space is famous for being the location of ‘The Other Club’ that meet when Parliament is in session, originally founded by Sir Winston Churchill (30 ceremony, 50 dinner, cocktail 80)
- The Regency Room, Simpson’s In The Strand. Decorated with crystal chandeliers, traditional oil paintings and classical decor, this bright and airy space is well suited for sophisticated London wedding celebrations (120 ceremony, 140 dinner, 250 cocktail)
- The West Room, Simpson’s In The Strand. Located on the first floor, this bright and airy room with a high domed ceiling and elegant windows makes the perfect blank canvas for classical wedding setups (60 ceremony, 60 dinner, 180 cocktail)
What The Savoy wedding spaces are like:
- Unique interior design with the latest event technology installed
- A range of capacities from intimate to ceremonies to grand banquets
- Beautiful views of the River Thames through large floor to ceiling windows
- Experienced Wedding Coordinator to assist with your planning journey
- Extraordinary 125 years of history, making it a unique and memorable venue
Here’s what else you need to know about Savoy weddings:
- Delicious bespoke a la carte catering provided for all dietary requirements
- The in-house creative floral design team are available to create elaborate displays, bouquets and buttonholes
- Access to The Savoy’s private pier to arrive by boat on the River Thames
- A chauffeured fleet of cars for the wedding couple, including a Rolls Royce, Range Rover and Mercedes cars
- The British fine jeweller, Boodles, has an exclusive boutique in the hotel’s Front Hall
- The Savoy’s Beauty & Fitness is the perfect place to indulge in first-class treatments before the wedding day. There is also a pool, sauna, steam room and gym
- Savoy Tea, the bijou patisserie and gift store offers exquisite handmade cakes and bespoke gifts that can be ordered as wonderfully unique wedding favours
- A makeup artist from the Dior Covent Garden boutique can come for a private consultation and make-over in your room
What are some of the nearby attractions to The Savoy?
- The River Thames
- Downing Street
- St James’s Park
- Buckingham Palace
- Royal Academy of Arts
- Somerset House
- The National Gallery
Is The Savoy a good place for a wedding?
Absolutely. The Savoy is a 5-star luxury hotel wedding venue that sparkles with the glamour of 125 years of history, combined with the latest 21st-century amenities. Couples can rest assured that their wedding day will be beautifully presented, personalised and expertly organised by celebrated wedding planner Bruce Russell and his dedicated team.