Unforgettable moments are shared in unique settings, and we can’t think of a more sensational location to say ‘I Do’ than with your friends and family overlooking the entire city of London. Shangri-La The Shard is a jaw-dropping London wedding venue known as the highest building in the UK, that has everything you need to throw a city wedding celebration like no other.
At this architectural icon, your elevated wedding experience can be tailored to your vision. Whether you’d like a civil ceremony and reception in one of the river-facing event spaces or just a wedding breakfast following a ceremony held at a church nearby, the choice is all yours. Whatever event flow you go for, the talented events team can handle every detail and style the spaces beautifully to compliment your theme.
With heartfelt service, bespoke locally sourced menus and beautiful backdrops for photographs such as the grand staircase, Shangri-La The Shard is an all-in-one wedding destination that will be remembered by your guests for a long time to come. The stunning naturally lit event spaces have an enchanting Asian twist and are named after the five virtues of Confucianism. Their unique interiors mean that they are always dressed for special occasions and their open-plan structure allow you to get creative with wedding decor and layout design.
Top three things you’ll love about your Shangri-La The Shard wedding:
- The Location. Positioned next to London Bridge Station, the venue is easy for guests to get to, and it is also close to lots of London attractions including Borough Market, The Shakespeare Globe, The Tower Bridge, the London Dungeons and the Tower of London.
- Experienced Events Team. Your event package includes a dedicated Wedding Coordinator who will help you plan every element, from the table plans, menu tastings and schedule for the day. They will go above and beyond to surpass your expectations.
- Superb Accommodation. Boasting 202 spacious bedrooms with floor to ceiling windows, body-contouring beds and marble bathtubs, you’ll be dazzled by panoramic views and unrivalled facilities, including access to the highest infinity pool in the UK.
Choose from a variety of event spaces at Shangri-La The Shard:
- Ren Room. The largest private ballroom in the hotel with uninterrupted views of the River Thames and The City of London. (120 Ceremony, 100 Dining, 140 Reception)
- Li Room. An intimate private dining room with spectacular sweeping views of London Bridge, St. Paul’s Cathedral and beyond (30 Ceremony, 30 Dining, 30 Reception)
- Yi Room. Overlooking Tower Bridge and the Tower of London, this dining room is perfect for weddings with just your nearest and dearest (12 Ceremony, 10 Dining, 12 Reception)
What the Shangri-La The Shard wedding spaces are like:
- Licensed for civil wedding ceremonies
- Event hire is from 9 am to midnight
- Dinner reception capacity from 10 to 100 seated
- Drinks reception capacity up to 140 standing
- Experienced wedding coordinator
- The building is wheelchair accessible
- A dance floor is available
- Plenty of natural light
- Wifi, projector, Flatscreen TV, AV
- Valet parking
How much is a wedding at Shangri-La The Shard?
The Shangri-La The Shard wedding breakfast package is £220.00 per person for a minimum of 70 guests. This includes: two flutes of champagne during the reception, six pre-dinner canapés, a three-course set wedding breakfast menu with tea, coffee and petit fours, half a bottle of wine per person, one bottle of mineral water per person, one flute of champagne for toasts during the meal, personalised menus & place cards, accommodation for 1 night for the wedding couple, menu & wine tasting for the wedding couple, Shangri-La linen and chair covers or Chiavari rental chairs, and a black & white checked dance floor.
Is Shangri-La The Shard a good place for a wedding?
Absolutely. If you’re looking for a unique sky-high setting for your wedding day with panoramic views of London, look no further than Shangri-La The Shard. Its modern Asian-inspired wedding spaces are filled with natural light through floor to ceiling windows and the exquisite menus will impress even the most discerning of guests. For couples who book more than 10 bedrooms for their wedding guests will also enjoy additional benefits, including complimentary guestroom upgrades, airport transfers, welcome cocktails and more.