In the midst of the building’s grand 18th century architecture, the modern glass roof creates a dazzling centrepiece. As you look up, you can watch the sky fade into nightfall, and then the vibrant coloured up lights will start to take effect and build the party atmosphere. Throughout the entire venue, additional state-of-the-art event technology have been added, such as large scale staging, rigging and branding. This gives you the ability to create any backdrop to your wedding using the high quality production facilities.
At The National Maritime Museum there are four key function spaces. Firstly, The Square on the ground floor is an open airy room suitable for drinks receptions for up to 500 people. This vibrant mingling area allows your guests to roam freely throughout the exhibitions spaces after hours, where they can feast their eyes on the fascinating objects on display. But if you want your guests to be fully immersed within a museum exhibit, the Photography Gallery holds up to 110, and its dimly lit interior emphasises the mesmerising images of the solar system.
Upstairs, The Great Map is another light-filled space to make your own and it has a newly installed lighting and audio system to increase what’s possible. Alternatively, when the weather is too good not to be outside, the lush grounds of Greenwich Park and its striking colonnades provide a beautiful space for an al fresco drinks reception.
- The Thames riverside views and verdant grounds of Greenwich Park are perfect for wedding photography
- Excellent transport links on the DLR from Canary Wharf, Tower Gateway, Bank and Custom House.
- Arriving by river cruise is also an exciting option for your guests and you can arrange for them to enjoy a celebratory glass of bubbly on route.
- Limited car parking and access from 7pm
- Capacity for up to 580 seated and 750 standing
- Approved supplier list for catering, floristry and production suppliers
- Exclusive access to National Maritime Museum exhibits after hours