The Kimpton Fitzroy London is arguably the capital's most breathtaking wedding venue, located in the famous literary neighbourhood of Bloomsbury. Inside the striking landmark hotel lies two desirable wedding event spaces: the light and airy Palm Court, and the fairy tale ballroom that is always poised to host luxury occasions.
Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- Located a two minute walk from Russell Square station
- Capacity for up to 196 dining guests and a 400 person standing reception in the Ballroom
- The Ballroom has a private entrance on Bernard Street, for extra exclusivity
- 334 guest rooms that can be booked at a block discount rate
- Russell Square gardens opposite provides excellent outdoor photo opportunities
- Recent 85 million GBP refurbishment
- A dedicated wedding coordinator included to navigate all of the details
- In-house catering team that will deliver a delicious menu that meets your requirements
At The Kimpton Fitzroy Weddings London, timeless 19th century elegance meets with essential modern amenities. With one foot in the past, and one firmly grounded in the present day, antique meets a la mode throughout the entire hotel. When guests enter through the imposing terracotta facade, they’ll be greeted by the imposing marble lobby, complete with its zodiac inspired mosaic floor design, roaring fireplace and sweeping grand staircase. It’s an impressive opening scene that hints at the sophistication to come.
The first of the two primary event spaces that your guests will come across is the mesmerising Palm Court. Its open design and frosted glass roof gives the illusion of being outdoors. The room is thoughtfully appointed, with comfortable clusters of seats that encourage conversation, a sweeping bar for trialling the latest cocktail concoctions and two open air terraces that bookend the space with pools of natural light.
After your glamorous drinks reception in Palm Court, guests can walk directly through to the Ballroom. This huge auditorium has been restored to its former glory, with decorative gold leaf details, soaring ceilings and opulent mirrors lining its walls. The space can accommodate up to 200 dining guests, and the space is fully licensed to host your ceremony. The two function rooms work seamlessly together for any style of event, and the luxurious fittings and furnishings mean that you don’t need to spend extra on many decorations to make it feel dressed for the occasion.
From the outside, the Kimpton Fitzroy Weddings London is a landmark building that occupies a full block along the eastern side of Russell Square. The 334 guest rooms can accommodate all of your guests, overlooking the picturesque Russell Square Park. It’s an ideal spot for friends and family to gather in central London, and enjoy your union in laidback luxury.