Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- One of the world's most famous ships
- Positioned on the shore of The River Thames and surrounded by 10,000 sqm of spacious lawns.
- Excellent transport links on the DLR from Canary Wharf, Tower Gateway, Bank and Custom House.
- Arriving by river cruise is also an exciting option for your guests and you can arrange for them to enjoy a celebratory glass of bubbly on route.
- Limited car parking and venue access from 7pm
- Licensed for wedding ceremonies and events until 11pm (extension available)
- 4 event spaces and the largest capacity is up to 270 seated and 450 standing
- Approved supplier list for catering, floristry and production suppliers
- Disabled access
Explore the beauty and turbulent history of life at sea on The Cutty Sark. This 150 year old sailing ship was the fastest of its time, famous for its routes to and from the Orient to bring tea to Britain. It’s now an award-winning tourist attraction, immaculately preserved for present day and future generations of visitors to come. Guests can take the helm of the original steering mechanism, touch its suspended copper hull and celebrate this triumph of engineering.
Across the floors that surround the 963 tonne ship structure, there are four event spaces of various sizes overlooking the shores of the River Thames. The most celebrated venue is the lower floor beneath the hull. It is an awe-inspiring space for up to 450 for drinks or 270 for a banquet. With added uplighters, colour beams will reflect on the shimmering copper hull and rise up passed the towering masts to the geodesic glass ceiling.