Built for the Duke of Brunswick in 1758, this grand Georgian manor house stands apart from its surroundings in Vauxhall. It’s a characterful mansion with sculptural curiosities dotted in its paved garden, spectacular private dining rooms, a cocktail bar and vaulted cellars in the basement that make the ultimate party destination. When couples opt for Brunswick House as their London wedding venue, they can opt for exclusive access to the entire building so that they can put their stamp on the space and make every element personalised.
Located on the Vauxhall roundabout, just a two-minute walk from Vauxhall tube station, Brunswick House is a delightful hidden gem that’s easy to get to via public transport. From the beginning of the wedding to the final goodbyes, the helpful wedding team at Brunswick House will ensure every guest is cared for, from keeping their glasses topped up to preparing delicious cuisine that meets every dietary requirement. Brunswick House provides that desirable ‘house party’ atmosphere, where you can shift from a cocktail reception on the ground floor to a wedding banquet on the second floor and a dance floor in the cellar. The transition between spaces provides an exciting event flow without the need to turn over any rooms.
Brunswick House is an unusual London wedding venue that will enchant your guests and impress them on every level. Aside from event hire, the building is the LASSCO architectural emporium, meaning that it is always furnished with a remarkable assortment of antiques for sale. So apart from wedding florals, there’s no need to bring as many decorations as you would usually require. From every angle, there are new captivating backdrops for wedding photographs and historic ornaments that spark conversation. Brunswick House is a one of a kind venue that offers an unforgettable setting for your wedding reception.
Top three things you’ll love about your Brunswick House wedding:
- The Location. Brunswick House is located just five minutes from Vauxhall Station, making it easy for guests to arrive from all over the city and beyond. If they are arriving by car, there is parking a few metres away at St George’s Wharf underground car park.
- The Antiques. The charismatic antique showroom interiors at Brunswick House will capture your imagination from the moment you walk in. Surrounded by historic ornaments, oil paintings and sparkling chandeliers, every treasure tells a unique story.
- The Catering. Brunswick House is home to a critically acclaimed British restaurant where Chef Patron, Jackson Boxer, has had a lifelong passion for food. This is portrayed in every one of his creative dishes, using high-quality ingredients from their farm in West Sussex. The team can put together a bespoke quote for you.
Choose from a variety of event spaces at Brunswick House:
- The Saloon and Terrace. This dining room showcases a stylish ‘shabby chic’ effect, with open fires, velvet green curtains, and floor to ceiling windows that open onto a roof terrace. It was once the drawing-room of the Duke of Brunswick (44 seated, 80 standing)
- The Smoking Room. This welcoming south-facing room on the first floor with elegant chandeliers, a charming clock and original floorboards (72 standing, 22 seated)
- The Parlour/The Library. A bright and beautiful room with a signature continental style. The lofty ceilings and tall windows give it a grand atmosphere (90 standing, 30 seated)
- The Study. A noble dining room with wall panelling, an eye-catching chandelier and a splendid fireplace. It’s perfect for an intimate celebratory dinner (20 standing, 14 seated)
- The Cellar Rooms. The party can continue downstairs in the surprise series of cellars, wine vaults and pantries with historic flagstones and large fireplaces. (120 standing)
What the Brunswick House wedding spaces are like:
- 19th Century Georgian manor house with heaps of charm and quirky interiors
- Fully furnished rooms that are dressed for any occasion
- A basement cellar where you can hire a
- Capacity for up to 250 standing and 114 seated guests across the venue
- Exclusive or partial use of the London mansion until midnight
- Late license extension until 1am costs £250 plus VAT
- A variety of private dining rooms, a sculpture garden and a cellar
- Delicious in-house menus provided by the Head Chef and his team
- Cloakroom, security and service team to ensure your wedding is seamless
- A dedicated wedding planner to help you plan all of the details
- There is no wedding licence but the team can arrange blessings at the venue or suggested ceremony spaces nearby
How much is a wedding at Brunswick House?
The venue hire at Brunswick House starts at £250 plus VAT to £3750 plus VAT. The three-course menus begin at £55 per head and packages from £102 per head.
Is Brunswick House a good place for a wedding?
Definitely. Brunswick House is an unusual wedding venue in Vauxhall where you can get creative with your event and throw a party to remember. With options to hire the house exclusively or just a floor, or room, you can pick a layout that suits your budget and vision. With excellent service, delicious catering and heaps of character, this South London wedding venue makes a sensational reception venue for your wedding celebrations.