Situated just a short stroll from Bank tube station in the City of London, Banking Hall is well placed for guests arriving from all corners of London and beyond. As they proceed up the stone steps into the venue, they will arrive at the remarkable art deco Main Hall, which has a huge capacity of up to 280 seated and 800 standing. There are limitless ways to decorate this versatile wedding space and it has a full license for ceremonies.
This inspiring landmark wedding venue has two key wedding spaces: the Main Hall and the Counting Room, with the latter accommodating up to 280 standing guests. The two rooms give you ample flexibility for a varied event flow, such as a cocktail reception in the more intimate space followed by a sit-down banquet and dance floor in the Main Hall. Alternatively, couples can exclusively use one area for their event, using the other as a cloakroom and storage space. The options are endless and the dedicated in-house team can provide you with plenty of ideas.
“The exceptionally high ceilings give this venue an air of grandness, which is perfect for weddings and large conferences. I have visited here several times for different events and the staff and catering are professional and friendly” Bride and Groom, 2019
The glamorous aesthetic gives all sorts of opportunities for decoration, from Great Gatsby style wedding parties to understated event design that allows the extraordinary architecture to do the talking. Featuring high ceilings, a sweeping staircase and opulent interior details, Banking Hall perfectly suited to important life occasions.
The Event Spaces at Banking Hall
You can opt for exclusive hire of both event spaces or hire each space individually:
- The Main Hall. A spectacular ballroom with lofty ceilings, towering columns and a picturesque staircase, it’s a space that’s destined for large celebrations. It’s a grand canvas awaiting your personalisation.
- The Counting Room. A glamorous and sophisticated event space accessed via the original Art Deco lifts. It features a brass-topped bar, gorgeous views over the city and lots of natural light during the day.
Catering at Banking Hall
Banking Hall is part of the Camm & Hooper event group, which provides restaurant quality cuisine and cocktails for your bespoke event. From artistic canapés to three-course meals, the food and drink offering at Banking Hall matches the resplendent surroundings. All of the catering is prepared internally with expert chefs who are well versed in providing top-notch cuisine for large guest lists and all dietary requirements.
If you require specific external catering for cultural or religious reasons, Banking Hall is available for dry hire. This enables you to hire just the venue, so you can bring in your caterer of choice. The venue also has a tried and tested list of exceptional Vendors in Partnership (VIPs) that previous couples have used regularly for their bespoke menus. At Banking Hall, you’ll have the flexibility to arrange everything to your taste.
What you’ll love about Banking Hall:
- The exceptional location. Bank station is within walking distance of the wedding venue, which gives direct access to the Central, Northern and Waterloo & City lines. From the venue’s mezzanine, you’ll also enjoy extraordinary views of the City of London and its quintessential London architecture.
- The in-house wedding coordinator. Upon booking your event at Banking Hall, you’ll be allocated a professional wedding coordinator who will help you arrange everything from venue viewings to menu tastings, the logistics of your event and on-the-day coordination so you can relax and enjoy your day.
- The exclusivity. Banking Hall offers exclusive venue hire, meaning that the event spaces are only yours on the day and you won’t have any interruption from another event happening simultaneously.
Highlights of Banking Hall:
- Close to public transport
- Ceremony and reception onsite
- Bespoke wedding packages
- Suitable for Asian weddings
What does a wedding at Banking Hall cost?
Room hire rates vary subject to date, time, and season. Quotes are created upon request. The price per head starts from £195 excluding VAT. This includes a seated three-course meal, four canapes per person and a four-hour unlimited drinks package.
What’s the capacity for events and weddings at Banking Hall?
Main Hall + Counting Room: 800 standing guests or 280 seated
Main Hall: 620 standing, 280 seated or 220 dinner dance
Counting Room: 280 standing, 140 seated or 100 dinner dance