Colchester Castle is a truly unique and historic wedding venue in Essex, offering couples the opportunity to get married in a stunning centuries-old setting. With a choice of three spaces — all breathtakingly beautiful, with plenty of natural light – there's something for everyone!
Colchester Castle Essex Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- Historic wedding venue in Essex dating back to the 11th century
- Three stunning wedding spaces to choose from
- Picturesque surrounding grounds with plenty of photo opportunities
- Central to Colchester — just a 20-min walk from the train station
- Top-notch service from a dedicated events team
- Exchange vows in the beautiful Chapel or Secret Chapel
- In-house catering with lots of delicious options
Colchester Castle is a magical wedding venue in Essex, steeped in rich history and brimming with regal charm. At this unique location, you'll be able to exchange vows within the castle walls and celebrate your love in a one-of-a-kind setting. There are plenty of hotels nearby, and Colchester train station is just moments away, making the castle easily accessible for your wedding guests.
No matter how grand or pared back your vision, you can customise your special occasion at Colchester Castle with the help of Colchester Wedding's incredible event coordinators. By night, the castle becomes yours exclusively, providing you and your guests with an unforgettable experience.
What does a wedding at Colchester Castle Essex cost?
Weddings at Colchester Castle start at £7,500.
What's the capacity for weddings at Colchester Castle Essex?
For an intimate ceremony, The Secret Chapel can hold up to 38 guests. If you have more guests, The Chapel can hold up to 80 people for a wedding ceremony.
The Charles Gray Room can be used for both a wedding ceremony and a reception with dining. It can hold 80 guests for the ceremony, 80 for the wedding breakfast and up to 150 for the evening reception.