England's tallest Tudor Gatehouse, Layer Marney Tower, stands within the picturesque Essex landscape, commanding views to the River Blackwater and beyond. This magnificent historic wedding venue near Colchester has everything you need for an unforgettable experience in one stunning location.
Layer Marney Tower Essex Wedding Venue Snapshot:
- 120 acres of idyllic parkland and woodland
- Stunning Tudor architecture
- Breathtaking wedding spaces steeped in history
- Exceptional catering by Bouquet Garni
- Apartment and glamping accommodation
- Endless photo possibilities across the grounds
Nestled amidst pristine parkland and idyllic rural scenery, Layer Marney Tower offers a remarkable setting for weddings near Colchester, Essex. Guests will be charmed by the historic Tudor buildings, beautiful wedding settings, and exquisite gardens as they explore all that this much-loved venue has to offer.
With over 25 years of experience and an expert team, you can trust Layer Marney Tower to ensure your big day goes off without a hitch! They offer civil ceremonies, wedding receptions, dinner parties, and more, while the parish church located within the gardens presents the ideal opportunity for couples to have a traditional church ceremony.
Inside the tower, you'll find an array of magical, historic wedding spaces. These include the incredible Long Gallery, the rustic Essex Barn, and the grand Corsellis Room, home to ancient oak timbers and Mulberry wall hangings. No matter which space you choose, you can expect a seamless and memorable occasion that comes together effortlessly thanks to the Layer Marney team and their amazing supplier partners.
What's the capacity for weddings at Layer Marney Tower?
Capacity limits vary depending on your chosen wedding space and are as follows:
- Corsellis Room (ceremony) — 120, outdoor ceremony — 200
- Long Gallery wedding breakfast — 140, evening reception — 200
- Barn wedding breakfast — 200, evening reception — 250