Em's peanut butter cups
Yumbo! Love these peanut butter cups. They’re quick, easy and absolutely delicious!
I decided to do a chocolate theme, as mentioned in my preparations for my engagement party, and I was thinking of different chocolates to make. Dillan (My fiance’s son) said to me “You should make peanut butter chocolates” at first I laughed, but then I thought – why not? It was such a good idea and so easy to make – I thought I would share the recipe with you….
My version of peanut butter cups
Paint brush (for food use only)
Microwave safe bowl
- Put chocolate in bowl and melt it in microwave or melt over stove with a double boiler. I melted it in the microwave, just make sure you do it 30 seconds at a time and stir each time to check on it and make sure it doesn’t burn. For a the stove put water in a saucepan and put the bowl on top of the saucepan and stir until melted.
- Once chocolate is melted, use a small spoon to pour a little into each mould and use the paint brush to brush chocolate up the mould – try not to overfill with chocolate as this is where the peanut butter will be going.
- Place in the fridge for 10 – 15 minutes to set
- Use a small spoon to fill the chocolate cups with peanut butter, I used smooth, but crunchy would be good. You do not want to fill up too much, and try and smooth the top a little
- Melt some more chocolate and use a small spoon to pour a little over the top of each cup, once the moulds are all full, tap it on the bench to smooth it out and put back in the fridge to set.
- Leave in the fridge until set, once set gently push out of moulds and you are done
Make sure you make a few extras to taste…. Yummmmmm
Leave a Reply