Posted in Wedding News | 8 January, 2016
Spring and Summer are traditionally the most popular seasons in which to host a wedding, but there are many reasons why couples should consider a wonderful Winter wedding.
1. Winter weddings look amazing! Picture snow-topped trees and warm, cosy fireplaces. Faux fur boleros and velvet wraps can be stunning additions to a wedding gown in colder weather – and make for gorgeous wedding photos.
2. Availability is improved. Choosing your dream wedding venue will be much easier when opting for an off-peak period. Most sought-after wedding venues are booked out well in advance during peak season.
3. There are potential discounts. Most venues have seasonal pricing and offer reduced rates for off-peak. A winter wedding is an affordable way to access high quality venues.
4. Wedding photos look great! The Winter scenery and lighting adds a new dimension to wedding photos. Your photographer will have a lot of scope for capturing your day in a romantic Winter environment.
5. It gives your friends something to look forward to. Peak season can be hectic for couples and guests who are often overwhelmed by a full event calendar. Brides often have more time to devote to planning and guests will not see your wedding as just ‘another wedding’ during peak time.
6. You won’t be worried about the weather forecast. When you plan a Winter wedding, you assume it won’t be wonderful and sunny because you know the weather will be nippy and, possibly, wet, so it’s unlikely you’ll be so bold as to hold it outside – and then be disappointed when it rains or snows! A Winter wedding means you kinda assume the worst and won’t be stressing about the weather forecast.
7. Planning a Winter wedding will mean that your wedding anniversary will also be a quiet time of the year. This means many more of your guests may be able to attend and, if need be, take a day off to celebrate with you as it’s not during the peak wedding season when many people find themselves attending lots of weddings – and needing to take time off or bear the cost of doing so.
8. Winter weather can also be a lot more comfortable for men wearing suits, whether it be the groom, grooms men, or their guests, they won’t have to sizzle in a suit because the wedding was held in the warm Spring and Summer months.
9. A Winter wedding is the perfect opportunity to serve your favourite comfort food. Picture hearty comfort food like lamb shanks, crispy pork belly and beer eye fillet on your wedding day. Yum! As much as you love that food, it’s food that’s less likely to provide ‘comfort’ at the height of summer.
10. And last, but not least, if you are planning an overseas honeymoon, Winter is a great time to go. There’s no better time to jet off to the other side of the globe and enjoy some sunshine as a contrast to your beautiful Winter wedding.